Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sharing my ghetto addiction: Hood Chi-Town YouTube Videos

So...I decided that I will do a post where I let you all in on a secret obsession that I have. Often (like several times a week, for about an hour), I sit glued to YouTube watching videos from Wala Cam. This started when I first went away to Howard University and I was trying to explain the culture of Chicago...bobbing, footworking, hip-rolling, and ticking. Over time, I have become a highkey fan of several of Chicago's hood dancers: Lanipop (and her partner Mariah...oh and I guess the "Chicago Twerk Team), Fee-Fee, Mariaha, and Mercedes just to name a few. I used to do a lot of this type dancing when I was younger, on the block battling and whatnot. If I kept up with it, I would be like them...but well I didn't so I live vicariously through them lol. But this is the style of dancing that can be found only in the hood lol I'm sorry but Chicagoans are the best dancers. Go to a party and juke with a Chicago girl and I guarantee you will get a hard on. Go to a party and dance with a guy from the Chi and I bet you will think they are the best thing since sliced bread. Very random: I want to get Chris Brown at a party and juke the SHAT out of him lol and I guarantee you that will happen. But anywho....enjoy!





Okay I got lazy tryna find some more I like off the top of my head, but that should be sufficient lol wait let me add one that has footworking. (You gotta click on the link cuz when I tried to do it the same way I did the other videos, it didn't come up. Sorry for the inconvenience lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYF48dX27XI&feature=channel_video_title

2 comments:

  1. Ok so this hip roll is giving me the business! "Operation: Learn these moves so I can be all up in the club," is now in full affect!

    All I need to do is take a trip to the Chi or take the cheaper alternative, and watch some Youtube videos for the next month and I'm in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lmao u r so retarded!!! But yeah u can learn watching YouTube videos but I would say the best way to learn is to actually experience it. But these chicks be practicing like all the time cuz dancing is their life lol

    ReplyDelete