Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blessed, Glory, and other thangs

Okay so this is a very random blog post, but I feel like this topic should be addressed. This has been brought to my attention several times within the week alone and I feel like I really should just put this out there. I don't understand what the deal is about big breast and big butts...I just don't (wow this dog is snoring extremely loudly...she's gonna make me lose my train of thought smh)

So I was out and about the other day and this guy just saw fit to come on over to me express how he felt at that moment in time. He boldly and loudly proclaimed that I had big breasts and was thick and he wanted to suck the juices out of them. Now, I guess there are some women who love that kind of direct approach, however when guys say that to me, it's actually a bit embarrassing to me. And depending on how it is said and what the person looks like, I might just really get ignorant. This type of thing happens to me often unfortunately. Often times, I wear a hoodie because it is very comfortable and it is a small attempt to shield "blessed and glory" from the rest of the world...epic fail.

I was watching my Chappelle Show dvds (man I love that ignorant show lol) and I was watching the sketch when some white woman wished that her boobs weren't so big. Dave Chappelle played a janitor character who was able to take her through different moments of her life to show her what it would be like if her boobs weren't booming in size like they were. In the end, the woman appreciated her tits and lived a happily ever after type life. Let me be real with you...I don't understand the deal with big breasts. For one, I can't sit a certain way sometimes because my breasts will suffocate me. I remember one day I was doing my Wii Fit and did some yoga position and my breasts almost killed me...no really they almost did I never fought that hard for air in my life. Then some clothing I can't wear because my breasts are always a burden and they're so militant acting...like they refuse to stay in certain clothing. I can't even shop at normal stores for bras. I have to make trips to Lane Bryant and Ashley Stewart and when I walk in, I feel like the people are looking at me like why is this skank shopping in this store...what do we have to offer her?

Now, some of my friends have been telling me my behind is getting bigger. I have some clues as to why (and no I won't disclose them in this blog I'm not about to put everything out there for the world to be all up in my business, but if you really want to know lol I can help you out), but that makes me feel uncomfortable as well. I guess it's because often times I don't like the type of attention it brings me (actually as I type, my breasts are kind of being a burden, but well I'm used to it). Like honestly the thoughts that go through in a nigga's mind come right out of their mouths...there's no mystery to it at all whatsoever and most of the time, I wish I could stuff the words right back down their throats.

Now I don't want you all thinking that I don't appreciate my body...I really do. I have some pleasant memories with having water jugs and whatnot. Sometimes, I am able to get into clubs and venues for free or discounted. For instance, when I went to see Ludacris at a club in DC, the guy at the door tried to charge me for $40, but with my reasoning and my breasts spilling out, I was able to get myself and my friends in for $10 (sidenote: I learned that my baby Ludacris really does love DD breasts...when I saw him again when he was in Chicago, I was trying to tell him how much I loved him and whatnot and I caught him staring at my breasts...now he can do that because that's my husband but I digress). My assets have gotten me out of several sticky situtations and because I am blessed with them, I have used them to be a blessing to others and got them out of sticky situations as well. The thing that gets me is some people really go all out the way to get what us black women have. White women want big breasts, big butts, and big lips just like what we naturally have. I just think that the people that desire these assets should understand that it's not always as glamorous as people may think. For instance, I will admit I have huge lips. When I was standing in line of the club last week, some dude asked me could I use my lips to service him (I almost had to chop off his mandingo and slap him 7 times with it). See those type of comments I can really live without. No but really...I can.

So what was the point of all of that? Glad you asked. Besides the point of I'm wide awake and have nothing better to do, I wanted all to understand that all that glitters ain't gold. Whether you have big tits, small tits, big booty judies or flat patooties, water cooler lips or small and pursed lips, you are beautiful just the way you are. Embrace what makes you you and love yourself each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment